- Clarity – Eighty percent of success comes from being clear on who you are, what you believe in and what you want.
- Competence – You can’t climb to the next rung on the ladder until you are excellent at what you do now.
- Constraints – Eighty percent of all obstacles to success come from within. Find out what is constraining in you or your company and deal with it.
- Concentration – The ability to focus on one thing single-mindedly and see it through until it’s done takes more character than anything else.
- Creativity – Flood your life with ideas from many sources. Creativity needs to be exercised like a muscle, if you don’t use it you’ll lose it.
- Courage – Most in demand and least in supply, courage is the willingness to do the things you know are right
- Continuous learning – Read, at the very least, one book or magazine a week on business to keep you miles ahead of the competition. And just as you eat and bathe, organize your time so you spend 30 minutes a day exploring e-mail, sending messages, going through web sites, etc. because like exercise, it’s the only way you can build the the mental mussel you need to succeed.
Having studied top achievers and peak performers my entire career, I’ve found that in most cases they have all mastered what are called the Seven C’s of Success. I thought I’d share them with you: